Friday, September 19, 2008

Thing #6 & #7

The technology thing I need to address is - don't hit the tab button after putting in the title of one's post because all you end up positing is the title!
Having worked in libraries for the past 37.5 years (but who's counting?) I know that technology is here to stay. This course we are currently on has me feeling better about my lack of knowledge and expertise is several areas. I'm not going to become as good as any of the PSAs or even the grade schoolers these days, but I can get my job done a bit better. I worry that people think we are only about computers; then I run into a student who says "No, I can't use one of your databases for my report because my teacher doesn't want more than one thing from the internet." No matter how often I explain that it's not the internet but information from books, they won't believe me. Then there are the ones who only want the internet and not books!
Now if I can only learn how to program my cell phone!

No comments: