Friday, November 14, 2008

A Question of Death by Kerry Greenwood

I hope Kerry Greenwood just keeps writing and writing. I love both of her mystery series and when I've finished reading one of them, I want to listen to the cd. These are the best way to be calm on my drive to and from work. The readers are fantastic. Just the right voices for each character.
Phryne Fisher is a very hip, independent 1920s woman. She grew up poor, her father inherited a British title and money so that Phyrne attended good schools. She was an ambulance driver for the French forces during the Great War and traveled to Australia to investigate a young woman's husband for a friend of her father's, liked it there and stayed. She wrangled a very lovely Hispano-Suiza from the mechanic who had restored it - money does talk. She's adopted two daughters, has a cook and a butler, adopted a stray kitten and a stray dog.
This book is short stories which I generally don't care for but I loved these. They were just the right length for my time inhaling on my nebulizer.
More Kerry, please.

No comments: