Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flinx Transcendent by Alan Dean Foster

I can't believe that this series started back 1972. I know I read the early ones and quite a few of the later ones but I have a feeling that I missed some. So many years of writing and now he's ending the stories. Or is he? Flinx is on a mission to stop the "Great Evil", something huge that is taking out entire star systems and seems to be moving ever closer to our galaxy. The first part of the book moved very slowly but really speed up during the last third. I, of course, had no clue what most of what was being discussed meant. Science is not my thing, I like the people and the strange beings that inhabit Flinx's world. All loose ends are tied up, all the beings he has encountered are present at some point in the story - including the love of his life, Clarity Held. A big book but I felt it worth my time to read. Now on to Tibet.

No comments: