Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Domino Pattern

This latest Timothy Zahn book in his Quadrail series is sort of like a locked room mystery or the Agatha Christie "Murder on the Orient Express". People/beings are being murdered aboard an alien space "train" that doesn't make any stops for about eight weeks. The Spiders who control the Quadrail have very strict security in place and use all sorts of devices to make sure that no weapons or poisons or biotoxins can be brought aboard and yet someone has discovered a way around these restrictions.
Frank Compton and his companion, Bayta, are on board and because of their association with the Spiders, must figure out who is causing the damage to the Spiders security and to lives. I enjoyed this book and it set the series up for a big sequel.
I've also been reading a book by Linnea Sinclair that I'd set aside a couple of years ago when I was reading nothing but her books. This one is "Down Home Zombie Blues". This time around I'm enjoying it.
I've been beading quite a bit and just got some wooden needlecases to do some tubular peyote stitch on them - maybe some Christmas presents. I'm enjoying learning this stitch and I'm also mastering the odd count peyote! Whoo Hoo!

No comments: