Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New review: Lost Girls by George D. Shuman

I've been in one of my reading funks lately. I pick up a book, get about 40 pages into it and toss it aside. I was beginning to dispair but then I picked up this George D. Shuman book and it grabbed me and held my interest. Not the best subject matter but it was gritty and horrifyingly real.
Sherry Moore is blind, but she has the ability to touch a dead person and see the last few seconds of their lives. In "Lost Girls", she has been asked to go on a risky mission to a mountain in Alaska in the hopes that the dead man hanging off a cliff can provide some clue as to where the lost daughter of a Senator is. The Senator's son, a Navy SEAL, is along to provide help getting her on and off the mountain. They are successful in finding the daughter but Sherry also gets some horrific glimpses of scenes of sexual slavery and torture. This worries her and when she is given a chance to help out a mother looking for her lost daughter in Haiti, she agrees to help. This brings her right into the center of the whole mess.
I would read more by this author.

No comments: